Activities, Sports and Recreation
Romanby supports a range of sporting and other opportunities for leisure and recreation.
The Parish Council provides facilities and public open spaces throughout the parish.
The main parks are:
Ainderby Road Leisure Ground
- Junior football with organised training and league membership supported by the Northallerton Junior Football Club - NJFC
- Junior goal posts - permanent facility open to all
- Children's play area including Space net, slides, swings and other equipment
- Multi use sports wall
- Try Touch Rugby (pilot scheme July 2016)
- Wild flower meadow (with Bug Hotel)
- The Coyle Memorial Garden (new for 2016)
- Public toilets
- Senior football pitch - home to Romanby FC and The Standard FC - fixtures will be added soon
- Small play area
Hambleton Strollers regularly hold walks through and around the parish.
The WI is active in the village, meeting at their hall on The Close DL7 8BL on the third Tuesday of the month at 7.15pm.
|If you are a member of a Sports, Leisure or Recreational club or society operating in or around Romanby please contact the clerk so that we can include your group on this page.|
Next parish meeting:
12 February 2019, 7:00pm Parish Office, 76 Ainderby Road